Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. Im looking to upgrade to an athlon64 based motherboard, preferably nforce4. Problem is ive currently got an agp card. And its a 6800gt, so i dont really wanna to change it. Whats a good nforce4 board with agp? Or whats that via chipset like?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I recently upgraded to the asus a8v rev. 2 (kt800 pro) and im very happy with it.

It will take all the new 64 dual core cpu's and has system bus 2000 mts.

im looking for a new graphics card and at a 6800 ultra/gt or 7800gt also and from what ive read all these cards are fine on this board(but not radeon)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So thats an agp board? Spose ill be in trouble then when i need to upgrade my video card in a few years - it'll have to be time for a new motherboard then as well i guess. So the via chipset's good? Id heard really good things about the nforce4, but i cant find that in agp. The 6800gt is excellent by the way. Im running that with a barton 2500 and a gig of ram, and in 1024 with 2xaa in F.E.A.R im getting an average of about 45 - 50 fps. The 6800gt is so overclockable as well, ran a program called ntweak or something like that, and it did all the work for me, with no extra cooling got about another 25% out of the card and its stable as. Not one crash.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what do u recommend in a athlon 64, agp based motherboard? Are those xgp slots any good?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.