Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok anyone here use both a PC and a MAC? If so which one do you think is better and the most important part of this question...is why?

Lets keep it clean to, no attacks on people posting either way, I'm just curious.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
It all depends on what you need to do.... (generally speaking) You wouldn't use windows 3.1 for a corporate server, you wouldn't install windows 2k on a outofthebox newbie's comp and let them have at it.... everything has it's purpose... what it does well... Macs would/do make great professional machines.... they are simple to use, so you don't need US to operate them, they handle almost every professional program known to man... they have OSX which has protected memory, some of the best security around.... how many PC's do you know than come standard with voice recognition at login, and best of all it's built off of time tested software( the original mac OS basis, with adapter Unix tech thrown in) But then you have PC's which have pioneered the way into computing... we'd still be in the stoneage of computing if it weren't for Intel, AMD, Microsoft, and the half dozen or more mega corporations controlling the world right now. They are great for game, and you don't need to know anything at all to get started, because everything has a wizard. I personally believe if Steve Jobs ( former Phreaker, and long time pothead) hadn't had his head in his nether region when they were planning out their marketing strategy Mac's would have both areas covered, but it is the classic VHS vs. Betamax.... betamax was a better product but they wouldn't allow liscencing to other companies, and VHS did, so it came down to sheer numbers... Quantity vs. Quality.... This probably makes no sense to anyone... so blame tech for asking.... :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you really have to even ask? Mac is 10 years ahead of pc. If you dissagree then what about firewire. Thanks for playing.
photomac

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
No kidding.... Firewire...Protected Memory... Voice recognition... and most likely soon to be fingerprint/retina login.... Not to mention it had a stable GUI when PC users were command prompting their way through telnet.

I'm with DJ on this one... I want both... actually 2 of both... 1PC desktop 1 pc laptop 1 Mac desktop 1 mac laptop.... Those titanium laptops are bad @ss!

I can't knock PC's too much I use one... matter of fact it's my only functional machine...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.