Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an eMachine monitor Model #E17T4 that I want to use with a 4-year-old eMachine. Problem is, I don't have any of the cables--power or VGA--that connect monitor to computer and I don't know which ones I need. I don't even know if I need a power supply adaptor to get this working. Sorry for such a basic question on this forum of hi-tech experts, but all advice would be welcome. Thanks, Ron

·
TSF Enthusiast
1,153 Posts
Hi and welcome!

That monitor has the standard VGA (D-Sub 15 pin connection). So, you will need a standard VGA monitor cable. This of course, also assumes the 4-year-old eMachine you are connecting it to has a standard VGA interface on it too. Take a look at it, they are usually BLUE in color, there are 15 holes in the connection interface.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for that, It-Tech. How about the power cord? Do I need the one with the AC adaptor, or just a power cord connecting the monitor to a power source in the wall? Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IT-Tech: Any idea where I can find a used, working eMachine monitor Model # E17Tr? They don't show up on eBay for some reason, but this is the monitor my 4-year-old eMachine came with and I have all the cables needed to plug it in and get going. Thanks, Ron

·
TSF Enthusiast
1,153 Posts
Many thanks for that, It-Tech. How about the power cord? Do I need the one with the AC adaptor, or just a power cord connecting the monitor to a power source in the wall? Thanks, Ron
Hi and thanks for the update...

Yes, it looks like you will need an adapter for this monitor's power supply. Just to verify that it does require an adapter, look at the monitor itself and see if it has a STANDARD AC plug (usually 3-prong) or if it has a small round connnector PIN instead. If it has a small round connector pin, then you need an adapter. I say this because Gateway (eMachines) is very good at putting out the same model monitor with different power sources!

If you need an adapter, here is a place you can obtain it. Of course, you can go directly to Gateway or eMachines and get the adapter also.

http://www.12vadapters.com/adapter/power-supply/12v/for-lcd-screens/emachines-e17tr-780-17in.html

Thanks!

·
TSF Enthusiast
1,153 Posts
IT-Tech: Any idea where I can find a used, working eMachine monitor Model # E17Tr? They don't show up on eBay for some reason, but this is the monitor my 4-year-old eMachine came with and I have all the cables needed to plug it in and get going. Thanks, Ron
No, I do not know, sorry. However, you can use any type of monitor that has the correct INPUT/OUTPUT connectors for your specific PC. So, just about any "used" or "new" monitor will work fine.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.