Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this question has probably been asked a thousand times, but I couldn't find any threads related to this. I'm currently using IE, but would like an expert's opinion regarding which browser offers the most security. I understand that no browser will be 100% safe to use, but would like to explore other options. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
it would be hard to say which is more "Secure," persay.
I prefer the term "less exploited" - And for that I also prefer firefox.
Tabbed browsing is the way of the future, IE7 will (i believe) also be a tabbed broswer it is very handy and There are just millions of useful plugins for FireFox!!!!!
You Should

·
Registered
722 Posts
Got to agree with the FireFox advice. It is known to be a better choice security-wize. 80+ million users can't be wrong! :cool:

It might be a hint when you know the FBI used Firefox when they were rewriting the US national DNA database. :sayyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm thinking of changing my browser too, as I'm currently using IE. Firefox seems like an interesting choice.
I only have one question. If I download and use Firefox, is there a way to get rid of IE from the computer? You know, get totally rid of it....

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
You dont want to get rid of IE, Being as you use windows - critical updates about about as important as breathing! :4-thatsba

you can however set FF as your default.

·
Registered
722 Posts
skate_punk_21 said:
You dont want to get rid of IE, Being as you use windows - critical updates about about as important as breathing! :4-thatsbad
I found this to enable you to do windows updates: Windiz for FireFox
I also learned from another thread here that you can do online virus scans at Trendmicro with FireFox at the european[uk]site. [thanks to Purple Sky]

Which all helps eh? :grin:
I still keep IE as advised above....some places on the net there's no choice....plus I paid for it. :4-dontkno

·
Henry
3,490 Posts
Hey I like that theme SkatePunk, (the windoze theme). I just use the Media Center 2005 Royale theme (as seen in the gallery, my updated pic)

Yes I say Firefox. Opera is *blechhhh* but still safer than IE. Maxthon and Avant are *I'm quoting DumberDrummer* "Shells of IE" (don't ask me how :4-dontkno )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, thanks guys. I downloaded and installed FF yesterday, and it's great.
However, I realised I have to use IE for some web-pages to work. Maybe I'm stupid, but how do I use IE when FF is set as default? When I click the IE-icon, FF starts. :cry:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.