Tech Support banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new house is in a rural area so HughesNet is the only service in the area, I currently have HughesNet internet and I like it and I've been interested in their home phone VOIP service. HughesNet sends you an analog telephone adapter which you can plug regular phone jack phones into but I'm not sure which brands would be compatible with VOIP, I found phones that are specifically built for VOIP on Amazon they are like business phones and they have ethernet which plugs directly into the modem. Which one has a better a better voice connection? A VOIP phone that plugs directly into the modem via ethernet or a phone jack phone that plugs into a analog telephone adapter? I want whichever one has better voice quality.

Which brand VOIP phone would you recommend for using with HughesNet? Grandstream, Cisco, Polycom?

As for the analog telephone adapter with the phone jack I have no idea which brands are compatible with VOIP.

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
your best bet for info would be hughes net community. IMO, any VOIP service would work. I always like skype. If you have a smartphone, you can install a VOIP app and use it with your hughesnet wifi network.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know anything about that, I was inquiring about the wired phones and which phone to get. Like theirs different brands and I was wondering which ones works the best with HughesNet.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,506 Posts
I don't know anything about that, I was inquiring about the wired phones and which phone to get. Like theirs different brands and I was wondering which ones works the best with HughesNet.
Doesn't matter. Has nothing to do with compatibility.

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Micros
4,144 Posts
HughesNet sends you an analog telephone adapter which you can plug regular phone jack phones into but I'm not sure which brands would be compatible with VOIP,
If the carrier supplies you with an adapter that converts a traditional telephone to an IP connection, then you don't need an IP phone. It would be useless. The quality of any telephone--IP or POTS-- is independent of the carrier or service. And if you have slow internet or a low quality phone service provider, a great phone won't make up for it either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts