Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is rampant discussion all over the net, DFI will have no more US support team. What does this mean for RMA service for US customers ?

Diamond Flower Incorporated a.k.a DFI has closed down DFI streets and now is using DYI Street (design for innovation)

·
Registered
399 Posts
huh? diy street, stands for do it yourself street, and has no relation to dfi anymore. there is an official site now, called dfi club, http://global.dficlub.com/, that handles support. there is still the same us support team, theres only a few people, only one who left was angry cause he wasnt happy with dfi.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
??????? I an not sure on the whole scoop; thats why I am asking?

this is typical for what I have been seeing;

DYI-streets or something like that that now includes the "other" brands

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
?????????????????

he did in fact post pretty much flaming and warning consumers that DFI were cutting back on support in the US and that he was worried for his job. That comment pushed DFI taiwant to fire him. Yes he bit the hand that feeds him but JAckie the orginator of the LanParty series was also fired. He wanted more support for DFI boards from Taiwan but they weren't willing to give it to him especially on the ULI southbridge issues.

Basically he said that the people in Taiwan don't know jack **** about support and that they think they know more about it than him. He mentioned that most people in the DFI North america branch know almost nothing about overclocking. I believe he mentioned like 6 or 4 people work there. I know there's RGone, Travis, Jackie. So both Jackie and Trabis were fired. Jackie came with Oskar I believe over from Abit. Rgone is still there I believe. He also said 1 barely spoke english.

He also insulted Oscar saying he uses cherry picked hardware.

·
Registered
399 Posts
jacky left too? thats a shame... yeah, i heard something like in the american support, one knows no oc'ing, and the other doesnt even know english. dfi support has always been crap though, its not a new thing, just something to expect from them... to be fair, its not like asus reps will tell you how to overclock. the boards are usually good enough to make the lack of support easier to swallow, but their past few boards havent been too stellar.

·
Registered
459 Posts
These days its cheaper for companies to pay foreign people for support at call centers.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well given the uncertainity with the direction DFI is headed, I certainly wouldnt be splashing for big dollar new board, sounds to me like the company as a whole is not sure which direction they are headed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.