Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i listen to music on itunes and I put it on max volume, then like 20 min of me listening to music it suddenly freezes and makes a LOOOOOOOOUD sound that I can't exactly describe, its like a horn sound?? Well anyway's its very loud and the laptop gets frozen so there isn't anything I can do except press the off button to restart my laptop. Whats wrong with it? I barely got my laptop 4 months ago! And this problem only happens when I'm listening to music please help? :]]

Also I have enough ram because I barely install anything and I don't have many files like music and pictures saved on my laptop either :)

·
Premium Member
41,819 Posts
Your computer may be overheating. Blow all the fans out with a can of compressed air. Consider a laptop cooler.
Does this happen if you listen to music through headphones?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it only happens when I put max volume thru the speakers and how is it already overheating if I barely got it for 4 months?

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Odd. Maybe a speaker issue. maybe db issue. Try using external speakers turn it all the way up. What is the make and model of your machine?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,685 Posts
Overheating doesn't have to be related to age. spunk.funk's recommendations should be followed, but many users don't know that a laptop isn't. By that I mean, extended contact with a human's clothing and natural body heat will overheat a laptop. Unfortunately the term desktop was already taken but more appropriate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.