Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
when viewing "my picture" folder in thumbnail the related application crashes

Problem: When I try to work with a picture in an application the application crashes when the "my pictures" folder is viewed in Thumbnail.

examples:
1) From windows explorer when I go to My Documents click on My pictures and select thumbnail view explorer crashes

2) if a picture is embedded in an email and I right click and select save "save picture as" the "my picture" folder pops up in thumbnail view and I get the error "ms outlook has encountered a problem...." if I report or don't report the error outlook crashes.

3) If I try to insert a a picture into excel...inset>picture>from file. The application opens the "my picture" folder in thumbnail view and then excel promptly crashes.

4) In I try to change the wallpaper on my computer and go to browse which opens "my picture" folder in thumbnail view and guess what...the application crashes. Here is get the error

"Run a DLL as an App has encountered a problem and needs to close." I click on DEBUG and get the error "Dr Watson postmortem has encountered a problem and needs to close" when I hit DEBUG again nothing happens.

I am using windows XP and office 2003. I have a dell latitude d820 and I have recently have had the hard drive cleaned and everything reinstalled up to service pack 2 (service pack 3 eliminated that fax console which I use so I am NOT using SP3).

Thanks for your help!

Jack Young

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Re: when viewing "my picture" folder in thumbnail the related application crashes

Welcome to TSF....

What version of Microsoft Office are you using?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: when viewing "my picture" folder in thumbnail the related application crashes

MS office business edition 2003 with service pack 2.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

And I am also using Windows xp porfessional

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

In explorer I went into tools>options>views and then reset all options to the default and things are A-OK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.