Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a problem with PC :) i dont know what exactly is causing it.

Problem:
PC doesent wana load web pages, i cant uninstall programs, i wasnt able to transfer pictures from my camera (via usb), explorer (computer file explorer) freezes and doesent respond.

It can load anti-virus, and some programs (it takes him like 10min to load some programs).

I use overcloacking software (came with mb) to monitor hardware, I DID NOT oc. With program i found that my cpu clock speed is 800mhz (its sopose to be 3000mhz), and PCI speed mby slower too (i domt know whats usual speed).

Hers some pictures:

ForumRunner_20120217_150342.png

ForumRunner_20120217_150414.png

ForumRunner_20120217_150442.png

In bios everyth looks good, all speeds, voltages and else.

Im asuming its mb problem, but might also be psu, what do you think?

My cpu and ram are new, upgraded in December 2011. And only problem i had with them is that pc boot time was like 5min, thats not a big deal since everything worked so fast and perfect. Also i tried unlock core feature and id get BSOD, id like to see that working, do you know how to make it work (thats not problem since without it everything worked).

Problem just came out of nowhere.

My config:
-CPU amd phenom II 4x 960t black edition
-cpu heatsink coolermaster hyper 212
-MB asrock n68c-s ucc
-PSU corsair 600w
-RAM corsair vengence 1x 4gb 1600mhz
-HDD wedstern digital caviar black 500gb, external digital elements 1000gb
-GPU ati raheon hd 4000 series
-Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

I reinstalled windows thinking it was a software problem, this just made thing worse, bcz i now cant acess my external drive without formating (and i have everything on it).

Temperatures are all stable, as always.

:'(

Please help!

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
First thing is set the Bios to Default to remove all OC'ing and see how it goes.
Any OC'ing should be done through the Bios only.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
7,670 Posts
Which model of the 960T do you have and what version BIOS is installed?

There are two models of the Phenom II 960T; a 95 watt and a 125 watt version. Only the 95 watt version is supported by your board. That one will have the identifier HD96ZTWFK4DGR stamped on the chip and on the box label. It will require BIOS version 1.20 (or newer).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As i said i use this software ONLY for hardware monitoring, and i never over cloacked this cpu.
I know only 95w version works on my mb, im not sure ive got the right version.

As for cool n quiet, i disabled it and now cpu is on constant 3400mhz, this however did not help (mby a little), everyth is still slow as it was.

Dont you think if i had wrong cpu this would happen earlier?

Bios version sais p1.50 does this mean its ver. 1.50?

I also reset bios to def., nothing changed.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
5,760 Posts
Yes that's the 95w one. I doubt it would even boot with the 125w version. If you enabled ACC to try and unlock cores and it blue screened then changes are your extra cores have been cut and not disabled. It's hit and miss wether the cores are cut or disabled. Try removing the external drive from the usb plug and see if boot times and everything else works as normal.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Amd_Man said:
Yes that's the 95w one. I doubt it would even boot with the 125w version. If you enabled ACC to try and unlock cores and it blue screened then changes are your extra cores have been cut and not disabled. It's hit and miss wether the cores are cut or disabled. Try removing the external drive from the usb plug and see if boot times and everything else works as normal.
Did as u said, removed ext. Hdd and for now it works, i wont say its problem solved bcz mby its just this time. And how does that work, how can i fix ext. Hdd, i didnt pay 200$ to not use it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Amd_Man said:
Do you turn off the external drive when not in use? In other words safely remove it using Windows Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media and then power down the external drive.
Last time i pluged it out when pc was off. There is no shootdown switch on it, just a power and usb cord.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Amd_Man said:
Please list the make and model number of it. I've never used one without a power switch, but there are thousands of models out there.
It is western digital elements ext. Hdd WDBAAU0010HBK model.
Ill tell you make number and check everyth later today, im traveling now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.