Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm here to request everyone's help, and hopefully solve this problem I'm having. I've googled around, but nothing seems to help point me in the right direction. So the situation is so....

My computer was functioning properly last night. However, when I turned it on this morning, nothing comes on. Usually it would show the Gigabyte brand, and provide me the options like pressing F2 and such. Then goes to the loading screen and then log in for windows. However, all I'm getting is a message saying "No Video Signal" then the screen goes black. The LED on the monitor goes from bright orange to a dim orange. I've tested the monitor by plugging my laptop up to it, and everything is fine with it. The computer isn't making any weird sounds, it sounds exactly like it did when it was working (fans turn properly, the case lights are on, and etc.) However, the USB items (mouse and keyboard) doesn't light up like it usually does. My friend helped me build this, and I usually go to him for help, but he's out of town and I can't reach him. So I hope someone here can help me or point me in the right direction. I'll provide what information I can below, but I'm not a computer hardware type of person, so please bare with me. If additional info is needed, please let me know.

Computer Info:
Motherboard: Gigabyte (link: http://www.gigabyte.us/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2599 )
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad
Video Card: GeForce 8800GT

Thank you for your time and assistance.

·
Registered
826 Posts
with your monitor on and the led dim orange turn your pc on and let us know if led changes to a bright orange or green/blue for a sec or if the no video signal message comes up.

·
Registered
826 Posts
if you can get a hold of a different power supply to test your system with do so. you can also try to reset your cmos and pull all your ram then replace one stick of ram and try to power up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got an OCZ 700W power supply. I think that might be cause of the problem. I tried powering it back up a moment ago, and the power didn't even come on. I'm gonna see if one of my friends has an extra to loan me, to see if i can test it out. Ty for the replies.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I apologize for bringing up this thread again, but I just don't know what the problem could be anymore. I just received a new power supply, and I am certain I hooked up everything properly. I was able to turn on the power; however, it just sent me to the Gigabyte logo screen giving the options to access the menu, bios, and such. But I wasn't able because whenever I pressed a key on my keyboard, nothing worked. I tried pressing F12 and such, and nothing happened. The screen doesn't load pass that point. I turned it off came back a few moments ago. I turned it back on, but now it just display a black screen, similar to the original post. However, the monitor LED is green, and I don't receive the "No Video Input" message anymore. Please help me out on this. Thank you for your time and assistance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My case didn't have a speaker wire to hook up. My monitor has a built in speaker. I did try to clean the video card as mentioned. I turned it on a few more times, and most of the time, the Gigabyte screen showed up (the one with the command options). The only issue is that, it doesn't load pass that point. And my keyboard doesn't respond for me to press any of the command on that screen. I am using a USB Saitek Eclipse keyboard.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Try to boot with nothing attached to the tower except the monitor. If that does not work then reset cmos and try again. If you have or can borrow a ps2 keyboard that will come in handy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm gonna see if I can my hand on a ps2 keyboard tomorrow. Gonna stop messing with the thing for today. Ty so much for the replies.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My friend said he'll be back in a few days. I'm gonna let him take a look at it, and see if he can fix this. I truly appreciate the help you guys been giving me the last few days. Thank you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.