Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just a simple question. I have an ASUS CUSL2-C ( http://www.asus.com.tw/mb/socket370/cusl2-c/overview.htm ). It has support for:
Intel® Pentium® III Coppermine 450~1GHz+.
What exactly is the limit on the 1GHz+? Can anyone tell me which CPUs (Celerons and PIIIs) above 1Ghz my board will support? Or how to figure it out from the manual. Many thanks!

Jesse

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Personally , my guess is that it will suport any PIII Coppermine that is socket 370. S oif you don't already have one.. you have quite a few options. But i just though of the fact that marketing goes with the best it can offer, so if it supported much over 1 Ghz it'd probably say so. I'm not sure, and I know that I contridiced myself, but oh well. I hop ethis was of some use to someone... LOL... not bloody likely :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See I thought that too but I was looking at some of their newer boards and they also say 1GHz+ so it's hard to tell exactly what they mean. Thanks for your help though :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Max bus speed X max multiplier will give you max speed your board will run at. Bios updates are released all the time for popular boards that bumps the multiplier making an older board compatible with newer processors. I'll read up on that particular board and post more info later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.