Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi all,

im kinda starting studing server type networking, we know that windows server 2000/3 have a built-in iis and theirs this freeware xampp

my questions is in terms of the following:
-file server, email server, web server,database server.

what is actually the leading server in terms of number of individuals or organization who use them for each one of this..aside from the xampp(apachi,mercury, etc) i found out that theirs a lot more available that i can actually download fro the web.

my purpose is that i want to focus my studies over servers, using that most widely use application today

thanks for any response.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not really, its just that i was first introduce to xampp aside from the windows 2003, then while doing some search over the net namely regarding ftp(i was doing some research for a web base ftp server then) server. i found out that theirs a lot more aside from "filezila" of xampp that i came across.. then same thing w/ mail server(mercury),
so i came to wonder, how the pros pick which among this servers they needs.. like wheres the majority of network pros usually select.

or, if i may rephrase my inquiry, as a beginner what would you veterans suggest. what server for ftp,mail, etc would be the best for me to do my "experiments" hehe?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.