Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when I tried to schedule a Zoom meeting, Outlook was forcing itself on me asking for some kind of configuration. I find Outlook obnoxious and useless, and don't want to get involved with it. It seemed it was what was causing me to not be able to schedule my meeting so I tried to go through the configuration process but couldn't figure it out. Why is this happening?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,787 Posts
Did this happen after signing in to Zoom?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,787 Posts
It seems you or MS installed the Zoom Outlook plug-in. Find the app and delete it.

·
Global Moderator
42,348 Posts
What is your Email program that you use? (ie) is it Browser based? (Ie) GMail, Yahoo mail, Outlook.com? Or do you use an Email program? Thunderbird, Outlook etc?
Zoom is asking to send an invite to schedule a meeting through Email. Windows has Outlook set as your Default Email program. If that is not your Default Email program then Follow these instructions to change your Default Email program Windows - Setting the Default Mail Program

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is your Email program that you use? (ie) is it Browser based? (Ie) GMail, Yahoo mail, Outlook.com? Or do you use an Email program? Thunderbird, Outlook etc?
Zoom is asking to send an invite to schedule a meeting through Email. Windows has Outlook set as your Default Email program. If that is not your Default Email program then Follow these instructions to change your Default Email program Windows - Setting the Default Mail Program
How come this never happened before? Is this a new thing with Zoom?

·
Global Moderator
42,348 Posts
All apps, when asked to create an Email to invite someone to a meeting. or Email from your browser, like Craigslist, will go to the mail program Windows or you set as Default. If someone invites YOU to a meeting, other then viewing the invite, it will not involve your Default Email program. This is nothing new, it's been around for years even before Windows 10. If you don't use Outlook for Email, and your Default Email program is set to whatever you use for Mail, then there will be no problems

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All apps, when asked to create an Email to invite someone to a meeting. or Email from your browser, like Craigslist, will go to the mail program Windows or you set as Default. If someone invites YOU to a meeting, other then viewing the invite, it will not involve your Default Email program. This is nothing new, it's been around for years even before Windows 10. If you don't use Outlook for Email, and your Default Email program is set to whatever you use for Mail, then there will be no problems
Strange that it should happen all at once. I did follow the steps and changed my email to Chrome (I want to use my yahoo mail) but Outlook still opened.

·
Global Moderator
42,348 Posts
When scheduling a meeting, be sure to use Other Calendars to stop Outlook Zoom Community

If that doesn't work or if you have any other questions about Zoom, post in their forum for better results

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Zoom for Outlook add-in is designed to manage scheduling within the Outlook web and desktop apps. The add-in can be deployed and configured by Outlook admins and, once installed by users, it allows you to easily add a Zoom meeting to any new or existing calendar event.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts