Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that using a vacuum cleaner is bad cause it might suck up the jumpers and other little pieces.
so what's the recommended cleaning method?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
If you have an air compressor, you can put on a small attachment and use that to blow dust and debris out of your computer. Much cheaper than using the cans of compressed air. Just make sure that if you use a compressor, don't have the pressure so great that you cause damage, as some of the more powerful air compressors can.

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
The common thing is the can of compressed air. I use it to clean out the inside of my laptop and the fans on the cooling pad. The fan s can get very dusty over time.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
If you use a compressor, it would help if you had a "dryer" in line to remove the moisture. At least dont hit the motherboard with the initial blast of air. Hold the fans still as you gently blow them.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi,

I would not recommend using a vacuum cleaner due to static.

The speed of air movement past the nozzle can create a static chage will has to go some where to earth. Something could get fried by this static charge
If I used a vacuum cleaner I would make an earth connection at the nozzle to discharge any static charge build-up. Or simply connect my anti static strap at the nozzle.

A soft brush is top of my list

Compressed air is OK but needs care to avoid blowing the dust into disk drives

hth]

Ceri

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.