Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 4 months ago I bought my first Computer, a used one with a new monitor and speakers for $400. The computer is a Dell Optiplex GX100. It seems to work real well with good speed,and very few freezes,etc. What I would like to find out is what it has in it.....processor,speed, ram,etc. It has Windows 98,Norton Anti-virus, Javascript,Outlook express6and Internet explorer. I would like to know the inside Tech of this unit from anyone who can help. I'm new to the world of Computers so please bear with me.

Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi rblg39 and Welcome to the forum,

If it's a Dell Optiplex it should have a dell support number tag on the back. It should be a white tag with 7 digits on it. I would go to Dell's website and go to there support link and enter the tag number and it should tell you what you need to know.

The Dell Optiplex GX1 that I've dealt with are normally CPU 450, RAM 64 or 128, HD 6gigs, and an onboard video card with an onboard NIC. But your configuration might be different so check it out at Dell.

Hope this helps.

:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Go to a search engine like Google or Dogpile and type in Belarc. Go to the Belarc site and download and install it and it will tell you plenty about your computer......dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I Had the same issue a while back and what I did was download Belarc Advisor and it will tell you exactly what you have and the speeds and all the "I wanna knows." Also if you go to My Computer, click on Control Panel and then clcik on system it will give you some information. Hope that helps ... Tyler J.

·
Registered
45 Posts
October 17, 2000
Dell OptiPlex GX100
Celeron/600, 128MB SDRAM, 4MB Intel 810 graphics, 7.2GB hard drive, CD-ROM drive, floppy disk drive, integrated Ethernet adapter.

·
Registered
45 Posts
smjsky said:
October 17, 2000
Dell OptiPlex GX100
Celeron/600, 128MB SDRAM, 4MB Intel 810 graphics, 7.2GB hard drive, CD-ROM drive, floppy disk drive, integrated Ethernet adapter.
:dead: Must be the celeron thing:sleep:

S

·
0 Posts
These machines came in many different configurations with 400 MHz to 700 MHz Celeron CPU's and different size hard dives 7 to 10 gig. from what I have seen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.