Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I want to reduce the level of access that a malicious website might have on computer, then I can turn on Phishing filter and that takes care of this problem.
I just came to know that , I can enable IE Protected mode and that will reduce the level of access a malicious website might have on computer.

Are both these solutions used for the same purpose ? Which one is better option ?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
In Protected Mode, Internet Explorer cannot modify user or system files and settings without user consent. Protected Mode requires the user to confirm any activity that tries to put something on your machine or start another program. By ensuring the user consents to these kinds of actions, the likelihood of automated or unwanted software installation is reduced. This feature also makes you aware of what a website is trying to do, giving you a chance to stop it and take time to double check the trustworthiness of the website.

Phishing is the technique of convincing a user to send personal information to a bogus (or potentially malicious) website that is designed to appear legitimate. The Phishing Filter in Internet Explorer combines a local system scanning for suspicious website characteristics with an online service.

Hope this makes sense. :grin:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.