Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have a type of (lag??) i play first person shooter(fps) when i am running i get stuck. the best way i can explain how it looks is, if you have ever seen the movie Jumper at the end of the movie the paladins pin the main actor to a wall. now when he is trying to jump the electric shock stops him ( how he looks at this moment rapidly moving but gets stuck in the same spot) this is what it looks like. any hlp on what this might be cause by. i appreciate the info

·
Retired Mod.
4,479 Posts
Hey

I just wanted to add to what RockmasteR said and was wondering how often do you clean/dust your computer out?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i cleaned it i took the cover off graphics card and it was gooped of dirt. didnt hlp

specs
HP windows vista home premium

CPU: intel core 2 quad cpu q6700 2.66ghz (also says 2.67 right after)core speed stays at about 1600.0 MHz when game on it jumps to about 2666.6 MHz

ram: 6 gb ddr2 at 400.0 MHz

graphics card: nvidia GeForce GT 120 1gb memory clocks at (core 550 MHz)(memory 504 MHz) (bus width 128 bits)

64 bit operating sys

ALSO THIS IS NOT THE GRAPHICS CARD THAT CAME IN THIS CP ORIGINAL WAS (umm im not sure but this one is better memory)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
motherboard
manufacturer: pegatron corp.
model: benicia v 1.01
chipset: intel-p35/g33/g31 Rev.:A2
southbridge: intel-82801IR (ICH9R) Rev.:02
LPCIO: fintek-f8000

BIOS
brand:american megatrends inc.
version: 5.23

Graphic Interface
version: pci-express
link width: x16 max supported x16

Power Supply
HIPRO
model:hp-D3537f3r
Max ouput power: 350w

(this graphics card i put in it came out of a dell. the original the fan broke so i cant put that in to see.original graphics card nvidia geforce 9500GS)

and i play americas army 2.8.5 but it also does the same thing with a few rpg games

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
The HiPro 350W is a low quality PSU with two 18A +12V rails and an efficiency rating of less than 70%, not suitable for a PCIE graphics card. I would upgrade to a 550W, 40A/+12V, 80% efficiency.

The CPU clock speed of 1600MHz is a power-saving feature. If it jumps to 2666MHz when gaming, there's nothing to worry about, it's working properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi there is a switch on the back of the power supply there is 115 and something els, i can see 115 is it possible to switch this(would it hlp the lag?)?? and if not is there any registry values i can change or something in the mean time?? i googled but found nothing

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Don't touch the 115/230 switch at the back of the PSU. It's used for voltages in different countries and can be dangerous if set incorrectly.

I would upgrade to a better quality PSU. Your HiPro 350W is not good enough for your graphics card. When the graphics card is not receiving enough power, it underperforms, leading to lag, artifacts and crashes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.