Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wave: 63b6_appcompat.txt is preventing me from uninstalling explorer 7. I restarted after the uninstall failed and explorer never came back it just stayed unopenable with 63b6_appcompat.txt as part of the error. I just wanted to reinstall explorer after it somehow got messed up with the kids. I found a trojan that I got rid of. If anyone could inlighten me on steps to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.:4-dontkno

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that but now I have another one - cant win lol.
Now its saying:
Setup cannot copy the file ieeula.chm
Ensure that the location specified below is correct or change it and insert 'Windows NT Service Pack Uninstall Directory' in the drive you specify.

Ihis is all making me go loopie.
I will also post this in explorer help.
Thanks for everything

·
Registered
78 Posts
look for the folder "precopy2.cab". That file should be in there. You may have to change settings to "show all files" To do this open a folder on the desktop. Go to Tools > Folder options > View, and select the "radio button" for show hidden files and folders. When it asks you change the path or folder point it to that folder. This a hit or miss option. The best thing would be to re-install IE 7.0, but you say you can't uninstall it, which you must do first.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Try this. reboot the computer and follow the instructions in this link. It will tell you to "press and hold the F8 key while rebooting and select "Last known good configuration" This may bring your computer back to the way it was before the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.