Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to read this.

My friend recently asked me to come over and see if I could get his network properly running. When I got there they had an old draft n linksys that was not responding at all. After some work I decided to replace it with a new d-link rangebooster g (price is a concern and nothing was n spec anyways). I was finally able to connect everthing and left.

I got a call the next day and they said the internet wasnt working. Came back and sure enough it wasnt. They could connect to a cable to the router though. So I reset the router and everything worked again.

Next day same problem. So I brought in a different router again (linksys wrt54g v8) and everything was fine again.

Called back the next day, reset the router and changed the wireless adaptors on the laptops to external usb sticks (d-link rangeboosters).

next day I got a call back again.

What the heck! The entire hardware has been completely changed and this stuff is still happening. I cant isolate the problem at all :mad: could it be dirty power? Any help or ideas would be so very much appreciated. Thank-you so much.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,349 Posts
Well, we need to know what the situation is when they can't connect. Is it just wireless issues, or is the router totally dead? What are the indications on the router when they have the problem? When they have the issue, have they cycled power on the modem and router?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.