Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:no:
I was building my first system and I thought I was making out by buying a motherboard because it was refurbished I bought this one an only now getting the last part to finish my system find out that that motherboard did not include a very important part. The mounting brackets to mount the processor heat sink were not included and now I dont know what I can do. I tried looking for them but it seems that you cant buy them seperately and they dont come with the heat sinks like I thought they did. I am looking for the mounting brackets for a P4 423 PGA. There is one bracket on each side of the processor. I believe the new 478 PGA P4s have more of a square bracket around the whole socket but I am using the Power Leap adapter and I need the 423 style mounting brackets. If anyone could give me some info on what they think I should do or if they know where I can get the mounting brackets I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thankfully I made a last ditch effort and stopped by a small computer shop just out of town. It just so happened that he had a scrap 423 PGA motherboard in the back room and it had the mounting brackets on it yet. I had to buy another heat sink and fan to get the clips to hold it on but I got what I needed. Now I got my system running and I am quite pleased with the work I have done.

Thanks for the forum link too :winkgrin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.