Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gang, tomorrow I am ordering a Dell Optiplex 450. The best card they offer in it is the ATI Radeon X1300 PRO so I am going with that. What Nvidia series would this card compare to? I am getting the 2.13ghz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, will this be a decent gaming machine? Thanks. :wave:

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
It is decent, it will run older games on medium to high settings, but newer games will only be running on medium low settings. I think Dell offers an X1600Pro (not sure, you might want to check), that would make your gaming performance jump quite a bit.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info everyone. Matt, this Dell I am buying is supposed to be for office use so my company is reimbursing me for a portion of the computer. Therefore I had to go with the Optiplex and not the XPS. I don't know what they offer in the XPS but the X1300 Pro was the highest card they offered in the Optiplex. I ran the XPS idea past the boss and it got shot down because you have to pay extra for the on site warranty with the XPS but it's free with the Optiplex, so if I want the reimbursement I have to get the Optiplex. Would the factory installed ATI card be in the PCI-Express slot just like an aftermarket one would be?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.