Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I have an old Dell computer. Optiplex G1 I think it is, I can't find specs for it anywhere, but it was the one that has the slide-out expansion card bay thinger...yeahhhh... :D

Anyway, it's got a couple of expansion slots I've never seen before. They are dark in color and are significantly longer than both PCI and AGP slots. I know they are not AGP slots because of the absence of a clip and the fact that there are more than one of them. The computer is way too old for them to be PCIE slots, and again, there are more than one of them.

I don't know anything other than PCI, AGP, and PCIE. What other types are there and can someone provide me with pictures?

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi,

I'd tend to agree that they will be ISA slots.

On the rear of the case you should have a sticker with the Dell Service Tag number

Use this page, you will I believe have to register.

http://support.dell.com/support/top...port_central?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&redirect=1

Which will give you the full spec of the machine.

There are very few ISA cards or devices around these days

Sound card, Parallel port and serial port seem to be about it.

I think I still have an ISA card around somewhere which was used for a Tape Backup Unit in a Dell Pentium 75

hth

Ceri

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
I remember the OptiPlex G1 series machines. The slots you are seeing are possibly the following:

Long and brown: Likely used for PCI boards that lay parallel to the motherboard.

Long white slots: 64-bit PCI slots.

Long black slots: Older ISA expansion slots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.