Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fired my pc up this morning, and was beginning to do the usual surfing. Suddenly, the power to the 'hood went off. House lights flashed 3 or 4 times, and everything went dead. Power was off for about 30 minutes. When power came back on, I powered up the pc. Pc on light worked, fans were running, monitor was on, but waiting to be activated by the pc keyboard. Well, the keyboard was dead. While I was sitting there pondering, and working up a mad at the power company, the power went off again. Power came back on again in about 10 minutes. This time everything was working the way it was supposed to. Was there something that needed to be reset, and the second power failure took care of it? Any ideas?

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi,

I doubt that the power going off again reset and cured a problem. What I suspect is that some times, something fails to load and one must reboot the computer to reset the computer and sometimes cure the problem. That is a common problem some times when something does not load correctly.

What the second outage did was simply reset the computer for you much as if you could have done by simply shutting down and rebooting the computer and letting it load again. That is my opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.