Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is not a problem I've ever had in the past. It just started today. Anytime I open Teamspeak, my cable light starts to blink and my bandwidth seems cut in half. If I try to play an online game it will connect but I will be lagging badly and my cable light blinks.

I've reset it a few times and everytime it seems fine, then I open TS and it starts blinking. Does anyone know what might be causeing this problem?

EDIT: I just noticed that it does it anytime I post or open a website too. What the hell is going on here?

EDIT#2: If I open teamspeak, it constantly blinks. With webpages it only blinks for a few seconds. Basicly, anytime there are packets being transfered, it blinks and bandwidth drops off.

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
This sounds like an issue with your ISP. I'd first check all the connections between the cable modem and the service entrance. I'd also power-cycle the cable modem. If you're connected using a router, try a direct connection to the cable modem and see if the problem remains, this will eliminate the router as a source of the problem. (don't forget the power cycle on the modem when you change the attached device)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.