Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using mozilla for about 3 weeks now and I keep getting a message that the "operation has timed out" when clicking on a button to finalize something in a webpage, et al, a completed online job application. This is really inconvenient after having spent so much time on a page and then I cant figure out a solution to keep from "timing out"....what is causing this? Can it be fixed? I have the 1.0.6 which I think is the latest version.

·
Registered
327 Posts
This is an annoying problem in Firefox that happens occasionally. It isn't Firefox causing the problem sometimes. Whenever this happens to me, the first thing done is to try the site using IE. Quite a number of times it can't be accessed in that either. I'll generally put this down to conditions on the Internet at the time, or think that an entry in the hosts file might be blocking it or something (I'm using one of those really long ones that can be downloaded from various places on the Internet). These theories are only vague ones though.

But, there are those sites that connect OK in IE but not in Firefox. These can't be put down to Internet problems. The site might be obtained on a second click of the link or button but that doesn't always work. It seems to me that different cures work for different people. Closing and re-opening the browser has worked for me (not a lot of good if you happen to have filled in a form that won't submit though!). There is a long thread called 'Summary of Can't Connect/timeout Solutions' on the Firefox forum that you might like to plough through for some ideas of what to try. Plenty of links in the various posts to follow too:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewt...tdays=0&postorder=asc&postsperpage=15&start=0

The problem is also listed as an 'unconfirmed' bug:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=270713

Sorry I can't come up with a positive cure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.