Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've read on the forums that someone's infected computer had this exe file on their computer. I just found out that I also have it, and I've read from various sources that it could be a keylogger. Is this true? I'm really worried. What can I do?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Right click on that file and go to Properties. Then go to the Version tab and see what information you can get from there (Company, Description, etc.) and post it here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already deleted the file because I got really worried. Do you think it is a keylogger? I tried googling it but did not have much luck.

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
52,197 Posts
Keyblo.exe seems to be a part of the default Madden NFL 06 installation, although Zonealrm Pro v6.xx reports its behavior as "suspicious", since it monitors keyboard presses and mouse movements.

IF you like, we can look further into your system. A fisrt step would be to post a HJT log:

Please download HijackThis http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/HijackThis.exe - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Post the hijackthis.log file here. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.