Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Thinkpad R61 running XP. I get random BSOD. The event log tells me it was Event 7026, and the details are this:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
ANC
IBMTPCHK

Something somewhere said the IBMTPCHK file is the same as IBMBLDID.SYS, whatever that is.

I have searched high and low and can find no specific information about IBMTPCHK or IBMBLDID.SYS on either the MS knowledge base or Lenovo support website.

ANC is so common, I can find nothing.

Can someone tell me what these two files are and what I should do about it?

Thank you for any suggestions or help.

·
Sr. Tech, TSF Team Emeritus Microsoft Support Staf
1,099 Posts
From what I'm finding this is usally due to a problem with your graphics card. Please go to start-control panel, device manager. Find graphics card and click to update drivers. Reboot your computer and see if that helps. BTW, welcome to TSF.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you both, I did both. The BSOD happens randomly, sometimes not for weeks, so it'll take time to see if it works. Hey mcorton, I'm originally from Iowa too! That's where the tall corn grows!

·
Sr. Tech, TSF Team Emeritus Microsoft Support Staf
1,099 Posts
Awesome, you should have seen the AA boy sbasketball tournament game last night. Just amazing. Rockwell-Swaledale beat Western Christian in overtime by 3 points. The score was tied with a basket with 3 seconds on the clock to put it into overtime. AAA and AAAA are on tonight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK same thing just happened again, BSOD with Event ID 7026 claiming problems with "ANC" and "IBMTPCHK" -- after I updated all my drivers and did the Thinkvantage System Update thingie. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting. I just got another Blue Screen, this time with an error report that took me to a webpage advising me to update my Roxio softare for the PX Engine. This is what you asked me about a couple days ago. To my knowledge I've never installed it and it does not show up on my list of installed programs via Control Panel. I can find nothing on my hard drive described by Roxio or PX Engine. Their website says it's CD/DVD burning software. I guess I'll download the update.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,122 Posts
Roxio is part of the bundled software with ThinkPad. This could be titled Sonic Record Now (Roxio bought Sonic) Also it could be Sonic Simple Backup, Drag2Disc. Or Creator Business Edtion
If you have these programs in Add Remove programs but don't use them you can uninstall them or follow the links to update the software if you do use them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.