Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owowowow. Terrible.
Something is eating my HD.
My HD is getting smaller space with the hour.

I reckon that it is a virus or a trojan or whatever.

I have Kaspersky running (I update every day) , the Cleaner running (also well updated ) and I have got a firewall (Sygate 5.0 build 1150s) but they could not catch it or anything.

I am running on WIN XP

I guess format is the only way to solve this?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
How do you know the space is declining? Is there a file that is growing? What is the file?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pseudocyber said:
How do you know the space is declining? Is there a file that is growing? What is the file?
I noticed it because suddenly I got this pop-up from the OS saying that I am short on space. What was strange because I know that I have have got plenty of space left on my HD. When I checked there was only 26mb space left...
I used to having 1,7 GB on that partition of the OS.

Later on it changed to 400 mb, still not what it originally should be.

I was doing nothing special what could be using a lot of space.
Only working with Homesite and MMFireworks. Never had problems before.

Now I got 6 AV-alerts from my Kaspersky but it is not able to catch it. I always loyally update EVERYDAY with Kaspersky.

Is it true that the virus is able to work around the AV-program, also Kaspersky?

That is the only thing I can think of and I read of it somewhere as of of the things Bugbear for instance does.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Is it true that the virus is able to work around the AV-program, also Kaspersky?
One rule about antivirus, firewalls and any other form of protection for your PC : no antivirus, firewall etc...is 100% virus proof, hacker proof etc. It might not be a virus or trojan eating up your HD space but If it was me, I would paranoid and monitor all the activity on your PC... You said that Kaspersky alerted you to something...what did it actually say ? and about Bugbear you can read my post
here

please keep us posted on details about your problem as much as you can...if you can, write down the actual warning from Kaspersky....

HTH :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.