Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:4-dontkno Hay TSF folks, What is DirectX and what does it do fo me??
How can I see if it is active on my system, WIN XP. ???

God bless
Direct Current

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Basically, DirectX is a set of universal functions used by Windows to improve multimedia performance, so programmers don't have to recode their applications for each individual graphics/sound card. Newer versions are released every few months by Microsoft, so keeping it up to date means you can run all the latest software (games in particular).

Go to Start > Run and type dxdiag to see what version of DirectX you are running and do some tests to make sure it's working properly.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is Direct X

Uripyores, I click on the webstie youleft me, but after reading it was confused as to which one to downloard, can you help me out here.

I have decovered by bitdling that i have 8.1 directX. One reason I ask is that I have installed a WonderPro TV card in my system THat when on cable I get the picture on one channel in Black and white and the sound come up on another channel, but it works fine when connected to S-video cable to my VCR/DVD drive. Tonight I am going to connect my Rabbit ears to my cable connection and see if it does the same thing.

thanks every one for the help, and welcome more.

·
Registered
722 Posts
When you get to the site click on the genuine advantage button and fill the code number in that it gives you; then click on download at the top and it will update directx to the latest version......9.. something I think. :4-dontkno

ps,It doesn't take more than about 15-2O seconds on a broadband connection.[it says; over 3 hours for 56k modem] :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.