Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Wuz just wanderin wat brand and what type of budget but high performance graphic card to get for my pc?
Here are some specification for my pc...

Processor : AMD Athlon64x2 5200+ 2.7ghz (AM2 socket)
Motherboard : Asus M2N68-AM
RAM : 2GB PC-6400 DDR2-800 Kingston

This pc cant even handle DEAD SPACE !!!!!! =(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am comsidering about a good $100 to $150 price range graphic card, will B

usin it mainly

for 100% gaming .... please lend me some of your suggestions!!! By the way i

am using a 550w silverstone srider power supply.. hope that power supply is away enough for what i am powerin XD

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
Since it's just an athlon 64 x2 I wouldn't go too crazy on a gpu. The athlon 64 x2 Will hold back alot of higher end cards so it'll be money down the drain , but luckly your powersupply will also only permit midrage type cards so you should have to worry.

Something like a 9600 or a GT 130 would be ok on that power supply. The 9600 is cheaper and more availible.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130363

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was really confuse at the part when 1 of the shop keeper said to me that there is actually more than 1 brand 9600gt... for example, Evga 9600gt, Gigabyte 9600gt, Palit 9600gt .... XD can any1 pls tell me what is goin on around here :upset: are they actually all the same ? some has an additional cooling fan .. some dont :eek:

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
You should consider the newly released Ati Radeon 4770 instead. I don't want to sound offensive, but it blows the Nvidia 9600GT out of the water, and even surpasses the Nvidia 9800GT in the majority of the tested I've found. In fact, it's very little behind the Radeon 4850. And if you take into account the price ($99-$119), it becomes the uncontested winner. It simply has no match.

Here there is a review for you to compare performances.

Salutes.

PS: I've searched the net to find out about incompatibility issues between motherboards with Nvidia chipsets and Ati graphics card and nothing showed up. Just as an example, my previous PC had an Nforce 4 Ultra chipset motherboard with an Ati Radeon X600 XT and everything was just fine.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Since it's just an athlon 64 x2 I wouldn't go too crazy on a gpu. The athlon 64 x2 Will hold back alot of higher end cards so it'll be money down the drain , but luckly your powersupply will also only permit midrage type cards so you should have to worry.

Something like a 9600 or a GT 130 would be ok on that power supply. The 9600 is cheaper and more availible.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130363
Just as stated here by emosun, the processor can hold back the gpu from
high performing.

While I happen to agree with emosun here about I wouldnt recommend
mixing nvidia with ATI drivers either if it can be avoided do to possible driver
conflicts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
But i just wana noe what is the consequences of the confict of drivers......... :upset:

haha anway if ya guys state it that way then i might as well just take nvidia =P ... screww the chipset:sigh:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Conflict of drivers - can lead to corrupted files, hardware damage possibly,
shutting down of pc, overheating, incorrect voltages, BSOD messages displayed constantly, freezing of pc..........ect......need I go on?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.