Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I need to make/start a forum like this one or other forums. I just want to know? What I have to do & get to start a forum........

·
hey
10,189 Posts
It depends on what you are looking to do. There are free forum software ( www.phpbb.com ) or paid ones ( www.vbulletin.com ), or you can find ones hosted by a company, I can't think of any websites that do that off the top of my head. It requires a lot of work to get started, a lot of patiance, and having loyal members help out is a good thing too.

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have to pay for the program, but do I have to pay to be on the server.....

·
hey
10,189 Posts
Again that will depend. You can go with a hosting company that has the software all setup for you and the cost of the software can be included in a setup charge. There are companies that will host your forum for free. Or you can get soemthing like phpBB for free and pay a hosting company. Depending on the software you may or may not need a database. A good forum software will usually use a database since it will make it quicker, especially when the forum grows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.