Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally think it was the worst of all NFS titles ever. First i set the graphics all on high and it looks worse then Underground2... ! and started and after half of a quick race i already uninstalled.

I think the graphics and interface are worse then on any other title ever released in the NFS series. NFS most wanted and U2 were 200 times better.

what did you think ? have you played it ?

just want to hear some other opinions :wave:

· Registered
207 Posts
I posted this in the "what games are you playing" thread a couple weeks ago. Basically, I feel the same way, FR4665.

"I finished most wanted not long ago (really really enjoyed it, btw) and figured the next logical step would be carbon... however so far I'm pretty disappointed. They keep a lot of the same features, but I hate how it's ALWAYS night-time, don't like the upgrade/customization menus, layout, etc.

They have a cool idea with the whole "wingman" thing, but the AI for the wingman is nothing to write home about. Multiple times during a race, my wingman, who is ahead of me, will break hard into a turn (MUCH harder than needed), and I'll wind up slamming into him. And then he tells me "hey, what're you doing?!"

like *** GET OUT OF THE WAY. I've lost a few races because of that. Also, the boss/canyon races are a new fresh idea, but seem ridiculously hard compared to all the normal races.

I can see why it came out so quickly after most wanted: they kept all the basic features and then generally made it crappier. boo!! oh, and why no ferrari's??? booooo"

As you may have guessed, I've also uninstalled it. If I need a driving-fix I go back to NFSMW and play some of the different challenges. Currently working on evading the police after a 30minute persuit in a Lamborghini. Great fun.

NFSMW for teh win. ;)

· Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha yeah im just pushing the cars in underground2 i will install nfsmw tonight as it was alot of fun i just didnt reinstall it.

i try to see what top speeds i can get in the worst cars in u2 and push them to the max its quite fun.

and i totaly agree with what you wrote about carbon... lets hope the next one wont be such a miss !

· TSF Team Emeritus
3,464 Posts
Most Wanted is cool, except i hate the guy that scrapes his keys along the side of your car... that really makes my blood boil. :upset:

I'll give you pin-stripe!!!

It's pretty though, the bloom effects are really well done.

· Registered
153 Posts
Underground 2 and Most wanted are by far better then Carbon in my opinion. If I didn't know any better and you showed me all three games I'd think Carbon was the first in the series. Carbon's graphics looks like an early playstation 2 game to me. Underground 2 and Most wanted looked a lot different but they both looked cool in their own ways.

· Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fully agree tough i started playing most wanted last night again and i just couldnt play it. i guess im too used to underground2. how was underground1 ? i never got that game so im wondering if its the same gameplay as 2 just some different cars i might pick that up !

· TSF Team Emeritus
3,464 Posts
I may be wrong but i don't think there is 'free roaming' in NFSU: 1.
I've heard it is just straight races, which would be annoying becuase i like running over every signpost in the entire city.
Mwuahahahahaha!

· Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I may be wrong but i don't think there is 'free roaming' in NFSU: 1.
I've heard it is just straight races, which would be annoying becuase i like running over every signpost in the entire city.
Mwuahahahahaha!
agreed :p midtown madness was awsome for that kinda stuff

· Registered
120 Posts
NFS carbon Really wasn't so good as NFS MW,the career is too short I finish it in less than 1 week but for MW I spend more than that and didn't finish it as I didn't have time,and MW chasing was the best for Carbon it wasn't Cool as MW,the only cool thing in carbon was the Crew it was good So if they want really a Cool game they may mix MW with Carbon Crew that will produce Cool game

· Registered
2,190 Posts
NFSU1 is still a sweet game, but as tiber said, no free raoming. It's all menu based. Custumization is limited to. You select packages based on a manufacturer and thats it. No picking individual parts. also, downhill drift and one other races style debuted in 2.

· TSF Enthusiast
6,327 Posts
I love 2.

Funny though, the crappy old Corrolla (when it has the upgrades) is pretty much the best handling, fastest accelerating car in the game.

· Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love 2.

Funny though, the crappy old Corrolla (when it has the upgrades) is pretty much the best handling, fastest accelerating car in the game.
its tooo boxy.

my cars:
track: miata,rx7
drift: miata,350z
drag: mustang, miata, rx7

the miata is an all rounder. suspensions hard as steel it has around 600whp and around the same in torque no body roll so u can take it around the track at like 350kmh ....

the stang is ridiculous with almost 900whp 800fttorque it pulls nicely

the 350z is fast but too wobbely for the track, its nice for drift tough

the rx7 is another track car, hard as steel makes good power (more then the miata)

· TSF Regular
703 Posts
i think it total suckss...

i played it last nite on my g.f's PS3...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.