Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

new here & in need of some help.

I recently got a new CPU & want to upgrade my ram.

ok, thats simple enough.. well I thought *sigh*

my motherboard manual asks for only PC2700/PC2100 DDR. which in itself is self explanitory but the stats from where I purchased it says that it has 256 DDR400 installed :confused:

now I know that the PC3200 comes as the DDR400 & not the PC2700 so hense my confusion. I have contacted the outlet but as you know this will no doubt be quicker & of much more help.

Can I install the PC3200 DDR400 or should I stick with the PC2700 :4-dontkno

also.... when I upgraded my what is now the games computer, my asus manual mentioned to not use gold pins. but this manual seems useless with the info it is giving so if you could help on that score also I would be most most appreciative. are gold pins ok to use?

sorry for so many q's but I want to get this right first time without spending unwisely.

oh & maybe someone can help me get the full info on what memory is installed via my puter as I cannot figure this out. it gives me the MB's only. the OS is WXP

huge thanks in advance to all.

cheers
cannychoose1 :1angel:

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF:

Smart MOVE to ask first then buy / many posters do the reverse than have to buy the correct memory again !!!

your dilemma is an easy one !!!! hoorahhh

Go to the crucial, corasir or ocz memory maker websites / they have memory configurator or selction guides. These configurators are guanteed to be tested for your mobo model / it will give you memory choices / you pick the memory with the most bus speed and size you wish (dual 512's ) etc >>

then armed with memory model numbers go to ebay to check for deals >>

example=
http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...ds&mfr=ASUS&tabid=CR&model=A7S8X-MX&submit=Go

regards

joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

thankyou so much :smooch:

that is the same site where I got my info for my first & very reliable beast. it was just so long ago that I forgot about it... *doh* not one to forget thats for real.. into favs for eternity lol.

amazing that I can actually use the PC3200 when the manual says otherwise.

thanks again :pray:

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Canny:

we are glad to be of service. All of the memory configurator sites GUARANTEE there suggestions as compatible / and in case you end up doing a mobo replacement (who knows ~~ anything is possible)in the near future the PC 3200 will be resuable ??!!

regards

joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.