Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I own a HP ze4700 I bought from ebay for parts, the seller said the motherboard was broken because it would not turn on. But, as I stripped down the laptop and removed the motherboard, I thought hey might as well test this thing. It's memory was bad, so I put good memory in it, and it turned on, showed the HP logo, and zip, turned off. I want to replace the CPU to test the board to see if it works, because this CPU is chipped, it's iffy to say the least. But it is an AMD 2500+ Anthon XP-M AXMH2500FQQ4C, a 266MHz bus speed 14x multiplier and I want to put some other 2500+ AMD's in this socket A, because this model is too scarce. Can any comparable CPU work in this board? I've seen some 2500+ AMD's with 333Mhz bus speeds, and different voltages. How about a Sempron?

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
This one might be a bit tricky because AMD has used Socket 563 in a few instances in addition to Socket 462 (A) and because the Mobile Athlon XP-M will be difficult to find. Check the label on the socket and if it is Socket 462 then I would search for any mobile Socket A processor, Athlon or Sempron. It will be difficult to tell unfortunately if it will support 333MHz processors for sure however I believe it will due to the nature that HP different configurations with different processors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.