Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
711 Posts
Heh yea no certs :( But then again everything I do know I've learned on my own :) Over the last 2 years.. amazing to me when I realize all the stuff I've learned and tried to learn since I got into computers only a few years ago. I'm no genius though lol.. I think the quote "the smart teacher knows he's also the student" best fits .....

At any rate I appreciate the suggestions.. I'm more of a systems type guy as opposed to networking though.. I like LAN stuff but WAN/routing and all that.. I'll leave that up to you network eng types ;) No need for me to figure out why BGP and OSPF sessions keep dying lol.

· Registered
711 Posts
yuck @ management... and I agree that networking pays more and in my opinion is probably harder in some aspects as well..

The other question that popped into my head.. do the certs really pay off money wise? As opposed to say a CS degree or something more generalized or even hands on experience..

And does taking the time to learn the things needed to get the certs really stick in your head?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.