933 Posts
A+
Net+
MCP

In December I take my MCSE & CCNA
5 Year goal CCIE

· STILL Stuck in a treestand....
933 Posts
What???? No Certs????? Just Kidding. Me I would say start with A+ and Net+. While they like to put me to sleep in class they are a very good steping stone to deciding where to go from there.

933 Posts
Almost forgot what ever you do make it a point to learn subnetting. Trust me it will make this networking business alittle less stressful.:D

933 Posts
Man I never thought I'd be the one able to give words of wisdom. But the more I learn the more I feel compelled to teach.

933 Posts
That's why I trry to help friends as much as poss. I learn something new everytime. It also makes me feel good to see me help others. I don't know alot but what I know, I know well!:D

933 Posts
Well the Certs to me pay better than alot of college degrees. I spent 4 years in college and earned an automotive degree. The most I earned per hour was $17 and that didn't last to long. You see in todays market the employer pays you what he can get away with paying you. However now that I'm starting to get my certs. under my belt the shoes on the other foot. I work part time for a friend that owns a temp. consulting company and make alittle over $32 per hour while I'm helping him so I would say 4 years compared to 6 months made a big difference. I have also been working out of my home office which has added spice to my life. I wake up grab a shower and it's off to the other room. No boss over my shoulder. Now if I don't work and set meetings to sell my services I don't make money. Keep that in mind. However knowing what I know now, ten years ago I would have never went to college.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.