Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the site im getting my computer from offers these brands:

corsair, crucial, kingston, and ocz

which of these is the best? they are all DDR2. also, do i need to get the more expensive versions of the same brand and memory size like the ones with the heat spreader technology or does it not matter?

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Hi,

Those are all good brands. Depending on what speed memory you are getting, you likely won't need memory with tighter timings that is more expensive, but if you want to spend more money for better performance, then go for it. I generally do it if it doesn't cost too much extra.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Matt is right
It really depends on if you are a gamer, if you are overclocking, if you push your rig to the edge of no return. Otherwise, get the standard memory.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I'll vouch for Corsair Value Select, it's great value RAM that'll do a no frills job very well.

I'll also vouch for Crucial, I'm running their PC4000 Ballistix line at the moment to cope with my overclock and I've not had a single qualm with it, I really couldn't ask for more.

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Patriot, OCZ, and G. SKill are also good. I used to be running Corsair ValueSelect sticks, and they were stable with the overclock. Now I am running Patriot low latency RAM sticks (in the "My System" box), which are also stable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.