Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi their this is the issue
my laptop has just gone out of warrenty and i dropped it every thing else on the machine works except the hdd. this was whilst the lap top was running. my dell inspiron will not detect the hdd and i know the problem is with the hard disk. the drive does not spin up at all and i think due to the drive running at the time theirs been a head crash. this is the make and model of the drive, western digital (wd2500bevt) its capacity is 250gb.
any help is apreciated

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
A drop while running is indicative of two possible primary issues - head crash, bent spindle resulting in motor seizure. Neither one of which is going to be a user repairable problem. Those drives are multi-platter which means if it is a motor/spindle issue the heads have to be removed without allowing the heads themselves to touch each other, all ( I believe theay are 4 platers) patters must be removed together with no slipping or ratation in a clean room to prevent dust contamination, and then reinserted into a donor drive. ( of course after the donor heads/platters have been removed safely) and then the heads from the patient drive and PCB from the patient drive attached to the donor. If the patient heads are damaged then the donor heads and PCB will need to used, and the Rom chip from the patient PCB removed and soldered in place on the donor board.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.