Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
31,452 Posts
A quick look indicated Partition 2 had Windows. Did you mess with the partitioning?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I never installed windows on this hard drive, it got all my personal data in it but unfortunately, I tried to format the hard drive but it is converted in FAT32 format. I've checked this on a third-party program and maybe you're right so is there any option to fix it?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
31,452 Posts
I only guessed at Windows since I knew whatever was on the drive was missing. Don't do anything right now. The more you mess with it, the less likelyhood of recovery or at least recovery at a reasonable price. We have staff members who have had success with certain recovery products (some free) so let's wait for one of them to respond. I'll make the request in a staff forum.

Reactions: Sherrysev_n

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,131 Posts
In Disk Management, The message Not Initialized on the Disk # Means the drive has most likely failed. There is a 50/50 % chance of possibly recovering any usable data. All data recovery software is Free to Download and to Scan your drive. If it can't find any files, you don't have to pay. But You do have to pay if you want to Restore your files. You will need another drive of the same size or larger to Restore your files to.
You can try DiskGenius, in my signature, or Easeus, among others. I have had the best luck with GetDataBack. Scanning your drive may take 24 hours or more if you have a lot of data.
If these DIY tools cannot recover any files, then, if the Data is critical, you can send it off to a Data Recovery Center. Most people can't afford this option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts