Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
OK, knowing fully you are not stupid, is the volume control up in winamp? or windows media? whichever you are using?

C'mon dude, it's got to be something simple. Check to see if you have the jack plugged in to the mic input or line in or something. Your'e almost there, don't quit now!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I had sound for like 2 min while using Aim but all the sounds were really distored etc... then it just stoped working... but it did work for like 2 min, so that means i have it set up somewhat correct eh?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Not good.

A. You have the speaks plugged in the right place.

B. All drivers are installed, and no yellow question marks in device manager.

C. All volume controls are turned up high enough to hear.

D. Mobo is jumpered correctly and AC97 is enabled in bios.

E. You had a momentary bliss of somewhat distorted sound.

Conclusion- Either you accidently fried your speakers, your driver is corrupt, your AC97 is fried on the mobo.

Try another set of speakers. Try a music cd making sure you have that black cable connected properly (while using the alternate speakers). Download the audio driver from the MFG's web page and force an install. Fy forcing I mean when it says "Windows allready has the best driver installed" opt to re-install anyway.
If that don't work, print some select posts from this thread and take them with the mobo back where you bought it and demand another.

I don't personally like MSI and have had severe wierd problems out of the only 2 I ever tried to use. I'm playing the odds and never purchasing another MSI product.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
haha i think i might have actually blown the speakers if i did img onna be pissed cause lol only back ups i have to have a subwoofr and im so used to listeing to drum and BASS ill have to but a whole new set of speakers WOOHOO more cash

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
not my speakers...

looking at this picture
http://www.via.com.tw/en/apollo/KT333.jsp
at the bottom
if the chipset was fried then i prolly wouldnt be able to do a damn thing... i mean look it controls PCI slots... mouse...ram HD... pretty much everything...

force the drivers ive tried that before but ill keep tryin lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
i had sound after i restarted... (still distorted and ****ty sounding)
then i restarted...
no sound again...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.