Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixed my problem with my computer randomly shutting off etc...

but now with the new mother board i got

VIA KT333 Chipset Based
KT3 Ultra

MS-6380E v1.X

i cant get the sound to work

yeas all my speakers are plugged in and they work...

any help is appreciated

·
Registered
852 Posts
OK, there are 4 models based on MS-6380E. Does yours have the AC97 on board sound? Is it red or green? (I'm serious)

·
Registered
852 Posts
OK, looks like the ULTRA only came in raid or non raid, neither of which had the AC97 on board.

Just in case they used a common bios on all 4 similar models, make sure there isn't a spot in the bios for enabling the on board sound. If there is, dis- able it if using a card.

Lets start there- we will get you through this and you will be answering questions soon!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the board itself is Red and yes there is a feature to Disable the AC97 in the BIOS but... lol its enabled and yet my speakers are plugged into the jacks that are on the system board itself. so if it doesnt have some type of onboard sound card imgonna go back to compUSA and knock the guy out who told me yea this board is the same as yer old one (wish yes had an onboard sound card) ... any thing else u need to know?

why would they leave that in the BIOS if theres no onboard sound card im so pissed i was so happy for like 5 seconds when my comp booted then after the fact that i found out there was no sound i almost cried...

·
Registered
852 Posts
Uhhh. if there is plugs for it, it does have on board sound! Enable it, re boot, and load the VIA 4 in 1 patch from the CD that came with the board. After that re-boot and it will see the on board sound.

It's funny though that I can't find an ultra listed with sound. (?) :confused:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=11&MODEL=MS-6380E

Audio
*Integrated Realtek® ALC650 Chipset (6-channel S/W audio)
- Direct Sound AC'97 Audio
- 6-channel analog output

thats what i have and if you look at the picture the jacks are right under the yellow Midi/Joystick connector

looks like this from the side

.........Midi.........
....________....
....\_______/....
.....O...O...O......
L-Out|L-In|MIC

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mabey this has somethign to do with it

i dotn understand it really well

Front Panel Audio Connector: JAUD1

The JAUD1 front panel audio connector allows you to connect to the front panel audio and is compliant with Intel Front Panel I/O Connectivity Design Guide

(shows where jumpers are)

(Pin Definitions)

then this:

STOP

Note: If you dont want to connect to the front audio header, pins 5&6, 9&10 have to be jumpered in order to have signal output directed to the rear audio ports. Otherwise, the Line-Out connector on the back panel will not function.

whatever the hell that means...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea that whole front panel audio thing has me all confused i dont know what the hell they r talking about..

S

·
0 Posts
Is there a little yellow speaker in the system tray.

If not you need to install the driver for the sound device off of the disk that came with your motherboard.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well ive got the little speaker cause i reinstalled the drivers.... but didnt do a damn thing

it told me in the troubleshooter to enable it in the BIOS ... it is

and the ****ing thing isnt working

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.