187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specs:
Tyan Tiger MPX mobo
1GB Registered ECC DDR RAM
Dual 1900+ AMD Athlon MP's
IBM Deskstar 60GXP 60GB
GeForce 4 Ti 4600
I was cleaning out my system with a can of air and accidentally splattered some Artic Silver 3 from my GPU onto my video card and motherboard. I did not know this, and I continued using my computer(It was on when this occured). Later that day I restarted my computer and got a beep code error message from my BIOS. 1 long beep and two short beeps. This means that it is a video error. I took a few hours and qtiped both boards to get the grease off. I then put the video card back in and started it up, waited 10 seconds and it worked... Then I shut it off and put my water block back on it. I started it up again and it does not work. I put the videocard in another computer and the video card worked... I put a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 card in my system from another computer and my computer works... I am perplexed!!!

How can the video card work... and the computer work... but the two of them not work together? :dontknow: They were working fine before...

I tried flashing my bios to eliminate the chance of a problem with the ROM chip having been shorted or something. Still no luck.

Thank you in advance for your help and patience with my long winded problem description.

~Rusty B. :scared2:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.