Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of I will tell you what I have so you know how to help.
Acer TravelMate 2480
Celeron M 440
1.86 GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 1MB L2 cache
1 GB DDR2 ram
It has a Realtek sound system

Ok here is the problem. I do have Widnows sounds aka beeps and other noises and do get sound from the internet. I do not have sound from DVD players and media players. I then also get a message that Windows Media Player can not read or open my mp3 saying they are the wrong ext. when I use winamp for example it loads the file sort of. The file name, time, and other info will be displayed but when the play button is clicked it changes time to 0:00 and shows one second then restarts track at 0:00. I went to device manager and there is nothing not working there and I went to the volume mixer and all the levels are up. I also check the sound test screen under control panel, sound devices and I get beeps and other test sounds but still no music. :sigh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed just last night, 11/19/07. I used winamp, WMP, PowerDVD, Real player, and DivX with no results. As I said above though It does play music off the internet which makes it weird.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got a fresh installation of VLC but did not reboot since I installed the program, first time I heard of VLC but ill brb with a fresh reboot of the machine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
installed the package, said what seemed to be all my codec's broken and then finished. I then tested all the progams I have and still no sound from anything but windows and the internet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this very problem, I was watching a show and after it finished I put on the next episode but there's no sound output, and winamp wont start, just like this guy descripes. I've installed the 2 things you guys linked but neither helped.

Edit: Sound randomly came back 15 min after a 3rd reboot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.