Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a post that amazingly no one even replied to:

Hi again. This weird sound is happening on my new computer now as well and I've become very concerned. Please let me know what you think. Thank you in advance.

On Sunday, September 16, 2007 at 10:03 pm, Watashi wrote:
>Hi everyone, I love the site I've come here to fix a decent number of problems in
>the past.
>
>So, I have this random sound from my old HP well, it's a few years old, maybe 4-5?
>But it sounds like one of those artificial IM "muah" sounds, and then a second, one
>second after.
>
>It happens very randomly, but usually not that often, although it seems to know when
>I'm trying to find out what's going on because it becomes more frequent when I investigate
>my computer, like task manager, but only when I'm looking for it. It's almost like
>someone is in my head. Not just watching what I'm doing.
>
>I've confirmed that it's coming from a mysterious source on the computer but have
>no clue where. I've probably missed doing something simple so please, rule out nothing
>because I really don't remember what I've done to check, it was a while ago, but
>I'm using it all the time for Skype and things and it's becoming concerning.
>
>I probably do have a lot of spyware and whatnot but my latest scan showed absolutely
>nothing. I used several different virus and spyware/adware scanners (all installed
>seperately, and then installed simultaneously, but seperate scans).
>
>Thank you very much! I appreciate the time.

Specs were different one both machines and only happened after some surfing to some possibly illegitimate sites was done, but I've downloaded things that might have had an effect too. In any case no spyware or virus scanner has ever picked it up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OMG I've been chasing this problem *forever* and I just found out what it is. See discussion here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/48/computer-technical-help/odd-random-desktop-noise-camera-shutter-sound-cant-find-cause-429826/

As it says in the discussion "It's the f'n search dog." Somewhere on your desktop is an open window with "Search Results" and a cute l'il dog down in the LL corner. Every once in awhile the dog scratches himself and it makes that infuriating (less so, now that I know what it is) noise. He also does it if you poke him with the mouse (i.e. click on the dog).

Whew. Sorry if I sound excited. I've been chasing this problem for years. Hope this post helps someone else that's been having the same problem.

xsteve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.