Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i m using windows 2000 professional and i m getting some weird errors whenever i try to open any application file(i have been using those files for years) it doesnt open any application instead a message windows comes up and says "this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action . create an association in the folder options control panel"
help me on this

·
Registered
722 Posts
You could go to folder options[via start/contol panel] and on the file types tab set them to default. Or scroll down through each individual file type and change them to whatever program you want them to start with.
This applies to XP but iirc it's the same or similar.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing is that I cant seem to open any programs may it be exe files or anything else even when opening exe files it says that folder option thing…………….to associate with any file what do I do now

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i mean i have problems opening any program may it be msn.....adobe photoshop or any application program or exe file any game.....windows media player or any thing now problem is not with association of files but sumthing else .anyone with help?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.