Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, This has been happening the last few days and it's really getting to me, Anyway the problem consist of error messages on my login password into my windows xp account.

This problem only occurs after i've logged in, for example.

I will get on my account play for awhile then go afk, my screen saver then comes in, I return to my computer type in my password to get back on my windows account and I recieve an invalid password error on my name. I run 3 other accounts on the same computer none are passworded, so I try to enter on one of those accounts and for some reason, they are ALL passworded. really weird.

Eventually to fix the problem I'll restart my computer completely and it'll let me log back into my account.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Try to create a new user? Keep all files of the previous account when asked for?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had the same problem, and went crazy trying to correct it!
Turns out the screensaver was corrupt. Try switching to a different screensaver, and see if it helps.
I would love to know if it does....I have never seen that happen before, or since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't work :(, this problem only occurs when an account has be activated and you want to switch user or return from screensaver.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Try this at command prompt ..... sfc /scannow. Whatever version of winxp u r using .... u'll need the cd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.