Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm running Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC, Service Pack 1.

Basically what happens is whenever I type 'b', it comes out as 'b4', 'B' comes out as 'B$', 'n' comes out as 'n7' and 'N' comes out as 'N&'.

This was a pain to type because of this problem. Wondering if you guys have a fix. Thanks.

Note: Sometimes this will go away for a day or two, but always comes back. Literally just now as I am typing this sentence it went away, but it always comes back (lol). I was wondering if you guys have seen this and have a permanent fix. Thanks :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How would you blow out the keyboard? Mine is a laptop. Nothing has been spilled on it as far as i know. It does work when hooked into an external keyboard.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Hi Mremdash Welcome to TSF
You should have what looks like a straw that came with the Can Air. Hold can upright as much as possible and spray between the keys. Work from one direction . Right to left until its clear . I also use a lap top

Also Answer Oscer's questions please

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mremdash Welcome to TSF
You should have what looks like a straw that came with the Can Air. Hold can upright as much as possible and spray between the keys. Work from one direction . Right to left until its clear . I also use a lap top

Also Answer Oscer's questions please
Umm, I thought I did answer his questions in the above reply? Why would this be a mechanical problem as opposed to a technical problem in the computer? Not sure why canned air (which I don't have but will go find some at home depot or something) would help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Oscer. At the moment it works, so I can't really test this out. When it does start to not work, I'll definitely do this. Thanks for all the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.