Tech Support Forum banner

Weird Folder that always appears

2600 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  spikespiegel
I have an HP Pavilion with windows Vista service pack 2.

I have this folder that pops up called FavoriteVideos. This folder apparently creates itself and stores all sorts of small and large video files that I have watched online. For example, videos from break, youtube, assorted Digg Links, and ESPN videos, along with any video ads that are common nowadays, are somehow downloaded (?) into the folder. Maybe some more risque videos as well. :1angel: I have even had entire tv shows that I stream appear in the folder. The reason this is an issue is because the folder can accumulated gigabytes worth of videos before I realize why my computer is running out of memory. I can only delete some of the videos, some just create a pop-up that says the system can't delete the videos. If I can delete the entire folder, it just pops back up the next time I go online.

It sounds stupid, but I am quickly running out of memory, and its also sort of a privacy issue. Does anyone know what this is exactly? thanks for the help.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Hi, Welcome to the forums.

Do you have a program called PPLive if so it has a feature "PPLive accelerator" if you uninstall this the problem should go away.
I actually do have PPlive, so I guess thats it.
Thanks for the quick reply.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.