Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dell Precision T3600 Xeon E5-1603 running Windows 10.
In Device Manager I have no exclamation points or any indication that something is wrong with my drivers nor am I having any issues with my computer. However,I stumbled onto something that is very confusing. For several of the individual components of my chipset but not all components (for example, Sm Bus Controller 1D70 and Core i7 global status and control errors 3C2A, and others)when I go to properties-device status it says there are no drivers installed for the device. Weirdly, when I click on update driver it says 'Windows has determined the correct driver for the device is installed'. I downloaded the chipset driver from Dell which was actually an older driver than the Microsoft installed one, and installed it. I got every indication that it did install drivers but when I went back to device manager only the devices that had originally showed drivers in the first place had changed. The offending devices still showed as originally stated. A web search didn't give me much information although I did see where a few others experienced the same thing. Can somebody help me out in understanding what is going on?

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,369 Posts
Pictures speak volumes than words. Post screenshots of what you're describing.

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,369 Posts
The message says it all. No driver files are required for this device. I wouldn't worry about it, and forcing chipset drivers that are older than the inbox ones may not be a good idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.