Tech Support banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Posting this as my troubleshooting has led me nowhere and I need help from more experienced enthusiasts.

While playing Warhammer Vermintide 2, after a few minutes my PC crashes and my RAM sticks remain lit up. However, the power/reset buttons no longer work and I must power cycle the PSU to start the PC again. Never had this issue before when I had a 2080Ti and a 3700x.

I logged a gaming run with HWInfo and there's some funky stuff happening with power just before the crash. I can't isolate if it happens to CPU or GPU first but my guess is GPU pulls too much, system throttles it (although no "Yes" for throttling indicators), CPU goes weird and "...".
Notice the rail power etc. just collapse.

Uploaded here: easyupload.io

This is a relatively fresh install of Windows 10 (3 months), all up to date.
Temps are fine with CPU at max 80C (usually around 70C) and GPU max 55C (usually 45-50C).
Other games like CSGO & Insurgency haven't given me any headaches but pretty sure Days Gone caused similar crashes once or twice back when I played a few months ago.

A few weird quirks I have noticed on my build that I have not yet been able to resolve:
  1. RGB lighting on GPU and other lights seems to either work immediately when I boot up or it might take a lot longer to come on. I have a total of 6 or 7 RGB strips taking power from the one or 2 feeders on the board.
  2. I get this USB connect/disconnect constantly when I boot up. It can take several minutes to give up and give me an error (USB not recognized). Tried updating the driver software and unplugging USBs one by one but can't isolate the issue.
  3. System seems to either boot immediately or it'll do a double boot where it shows the Bios screen, stays there for 10-15 seconds and then restarts - guessing that's due to "new hardware" but I haven't changed anything between shutting it off and restarting.
My specs:
  • ASUS Prime X570-P (BIOS v3801)
  • AMD 5900x
  • ASUS EKWB GeForce RTX 3090
  • Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz
  • Thermaltake Core P5 open case
  • Seasonic Prime 1000W 80+ Tinanium
  • Commander pro managing 4 fans cooling a 480mm rad
  • Liquid cooling following res > pump > GPU > CPU > rad > res....
  • No OC on GPU. Default XMP profile for CPU/Memory.
Would love to hear your thoughts on this and what steps I should take to fix this - I like that game and I'd hate for it to be unplayable.
Thanks,
Mike

1 - 1 of 1 Posts